GEOSTATS: Variowin pair comparison files

  • Pat Florence
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 1999
      I would like to import pair comparison files into VARIOWIN. I know of a
      trial-and-error method which works some of the time (making my file in
      Excel to 'look like' the pcf Variowin uses) but it is not always
      successful for some reason. I have written Mr. Pannatier several times
      with the following question but he doesn't respond. I'm hoping someone
      on this list might be able to help, since I'll be needing to create many
      model variograms in the near future.

      What is the format of the pair comparison files used in Variowin? I
      don't need the specific code, but the 'format' line from the code would
      probably be the most concise way to convey this information.

      I'll be glad to post a fortran routine that will create the Variowin
      pcf's from GSLIB output, both to this group and to the WWW if I can get
      the format.

      All help is appreciated!

      Patrick S. Florence e-mail: pflo@...
      "Die young late in life!!!" http://www.unm.edu/~pflo

      This life is a test, it is only a test.
      If this had been a real life, you would have received
      further instructions as to where to go and what to do.