Re: GEOSTATS: Who is going to do the best map ?

  • krivoruchko@gray.isir.minsk.by
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 21, 1997
      Dear colleagues,

      First of all, the rainfall data linked with the major accident in the human
      history - the destroy of Chernobyl NPP. Rainfalls are directly correlated
      with dose loads on population in the very first days after the accident,
      which leads to enormous growing of the different diseases in the southern
      Belarus and northern Ukraine. I know it, because I'm processing morbidity
      data with geostatistics, ANN and others with our GIS MapStudio since last
      year.
      Of course, there are uncertainties and difficulties in interpolation. For
      example, some radioactive clouds were deposited with bromium silver on the
      earth for preventing their propagation to Moscow and Kiev.
      I think that the way to select the best result is to find the 25%
      remainder of the data with the best accuracy without taking into account
      any mathematical tricks.
      I am agree to enter this work, if only some contingency will not stand in
      the way.

      Bye, Konstantin.

      Konstantin Krivoruchko, Ph.D.
      Head, GIS Laboratory
      International Sakharov Institute of Radioecology
      220009, Belarus, Minsk, Dolgobrodskaya 23
      Email: krivoruchko@...
      Tel: 375 172 306 292
      Fax: 375 172 306 897
    • Joanne Halls
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 21, 1997
        Gregoire,
        Count me in as a participant in the geostats test for predicting the
        missing 25%.

        Joanne Halls

        Joanne Halls, Ph.D.
        GIS Manager