GEOSTATS: Summary: Positive definiteness for collocated cokriging

  • Sytze.deBruin@STAFF.GIRS.WAU.NL
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 1999
      Pierre Goovaerts answered my question about semivariogram modelling for
      collocated cokriging as follows:

      Since you usually do the modeling in terms of
      semivariogram instead of covariance, I would
      say that the only
      constraint your linear model of coregionalization
      must satisfy in collocated cokriging is:
      |sill_ZY|<=sqrt(sill_ZZ x sill_YY), which implies
      that sill_YY >= (sill_ZY)^2/sill_ZZ.
      You can check that, whatever the relative contribution
      of the different basic structures to the sill_YY,
      collocated cokriging will yield the same estimates.

      Regards,

      Sytze de Bruin
      Centre for Geo-Information
      Wageningen University