GEOSTATS: GSLIB2 question.

  • Octavi Fors Aldrich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 1999
      Hello everybody,

      I'm getting problems trying to compile GSLIB in a Sun workstation.
      In particular I'm interested in compiling gamv.f program. This the
      procedure I follow:

      $ uname -a
      SunOS mizar 5.5.1 Generic_103640-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

      $ pwd
      /u/imatge/ofors/idl/gslib2/gamv

      $ ls
      Makefile gamv.f gamv.inc gamv.par

      $ make
      f77 -c -O gamv.f
      gamv.f:
      MAIN gamvm:
      readparm:
      gamv:
      writeout:
      check:
      f77 -o ../bin/gamv gamv.o ../gslib/libgs.a
      ld: fatal: file ../gslib/libgs.a: unknown type, unable to process using
      elf(3E) libraries
      ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to ../bin/gamv
      *** Error code 1
      make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `../bin/gamv'

      It seems to have problems with ../gslib/libgs.a library, which comes from
      GSLIB (1st. edition). In particular, I don't know what does
      'ld: fatal: file ../gslib/libgs.a: unknown type, unable to process using
      elf(3E) libraries' mean... :-(

      Any ideas are welcome.

      Thanks in advance,

      Octavi.