GEOSTATS: Geostatistics to the Non-linearly transformed data?

  • earth
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 1999
      Hi,

      I usually get the non-linearly transformed data.

      That is to say, I observe some measurements such as gravity, apparent resistivity,

      then proceed it with non linear inversion ( or NL least -square) technique to get

      real density (for gravity) and true resistivity ( for apparent resistivity) block value.

      Then, Is it possible to apply geostatistical tools to the non-linearly transformed blocked data?

      I think that because the blocked data was created by deterministic model , it may be possible to

      apply such a tools...

      Please give me a reason...

      Thanks,

      Oh SeokHoon
    • Norm Finkelstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 1999
        Hi,

        Would appreciate very much getting references to published papers
        on the use of any of the interpolation techniques to model spatial
        variation on the Earth's surface of:
        1) any of the solar radiation parameters e.g. 'global' (as in
        total=direct+diffuse and not in scale), direct or beam, diffuse,
        reflected, net;
        2) a related parameter of 'hours of bright sunshine'.

        Special interest is in works on the use of kriging in that task, and
        especially so on the possible use of co-kriging of 'hours of bright
        sunshine' parameter with any of first three radiation parameters (total,
        beam and diffuse), latitudinal and non-horizontal surface difference
        confounders notwithstanding.

        Grateful to all who'll reply,

        Norm Finkelstein
        || Norm Finkelstein, Analyst | Institute of Environment and Health ||
        || GIS and Geostatistics | School of Geography and Geology and ||
        || Environmental Health | Envir. Chemistry and Toxicology Group ||
        || Air Pollution | McMaster University ||
        || Meteorology | Hamilton, ON, L8S 4K1, Canada ||
        || finkelst@...; (905) 525-9140, x27050 ||