Re: GEOSTATS: ARC VIEW dissolve

  • Wayne Thogmartin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 1999
      The Patch Analyst extension will do an Arc/Info-like dissolve.

      http://www.lakeheadu.ca/~rrempel/patch/index.html

      At 02:11 PM 7/20/99 +0100, you wrote:
      >Hi.
      >
      >Anyone recommend an extension for doing a decent dissolve on an
      >arc view shape file ?
      >
      >In particular I want to preserve seperate shape identities and
      >calculate some summed averages of original attribute values.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >
      >Mark Evans
      >--
      >*As a general service to list users, please remember to post a summary
      >of any useful responses to your questions.

      Wayne Thogmartin wthogma@...
      Upland Wildlife/Habitat Project 618.453.5495 (office)
      Mail Code 6504
      Cooperative Wildlife Research Laboratory 618.453.6944 (fax)
      Southern Illinois University
      Carbondale, IL 62901-6504

      http://www.science.siu.edu/zoology/gradstudents/thogmartin/thogmartin.html

      "The dwarf standing on the shoulders of a giant sees farther than he who
      carries him"
    • Mark Evans

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 1999
          Hi Wayne.

          Have you used the Patch Analyst extension yourself ?

          Mark