GEOSTATS: Geostatistics in Transportation

  • Geodigital Mapping
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14 12:15 PM
      To Geostatistics Community:

      I am looking for ideas and case studies of geostatistical applications for Transportation and Urban Planning (e.g., accident incident analysis, demographics, traffic patterns, environmental issues). The GIS group in the U.S. Department of Transportation Bureau of Transportation Statistics is in the process of developing an Information Clearinghouse to reach out to the transportation planning community (local, state, and federal) and the spatial data community in general that wish to make better use of transportation data. I'd appreciate any suggestions for places or people to talk to, bibiographic references, or brief write-ups. Of course, we will acknowledge contributions in anything we post or print.

      Appreciatively,

      Gary Krauss, GIS Analyst
      Bureau of Transportation Statistics
      U.S. Department of Transportation