GEOSTATS: Looking for reference

  • Dubois Gregoire
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 1997
      Greetings,

      have the papers presented at

      > THE SECOND INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON
      > SPATIAL ACCURACY ASSESSMENT
      > IN NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
      >
      > May 21-23, 1996
      > Colorado State University
      > Fort Collins, Colorado.

      been published somewhere ? (proceedings ? Book ?)

      Does someone has the reference of it ?

      Thanks for your help,

      Gregoire
      --
      Gregoire Dubois (PhD student) Tel. 39-332-78.99.44
      Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-332-78.54.66
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 1997
        For those interested by the same reference, here it is:

        The proceedings have been published by the USDA Forest Service, Rocky
        Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station, Fort Collins, CO.

        Reference:

        Spatial Accuracy Assessment in Natural Resources and Environmental
        Sciences: Second International Symposium.

        H. Todd Mowrer, Raymond L. Czaplewski,and R.H. Hamre (eds.),
        USDA Forest Service
        General Technical Report RM-GTR-277.

        Thanks a lot to Rick Landenberger <rlanden@...>

        Gregoire
        --
        Gregoire Dubois (PhD student) Tel. 39-332-78.99.44
        Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-332-78.54.66
        Environment Inst. TP 321 Email: gregoire.dubois@...
        I-21020 Ispra (Va), ITALY URL: http://java.ei.jrc.it/rem/gregoire/
      • roswell marjorie
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 1997
          In my ongoing effort to learn something about geostatistics, I've tried to
          download the Geoeas postscript manual (geoeas.ps) from:
          ftp://math.arizona.edu/incoming/unix.geoeas/

          It appears to be some sort of binary file, rather than a postscript file.
          I can't open it.

          Any hints?

          (By the way, no one wrote indicating that there were any errata prepared
          for the book Applied Geostatistics.)

          Margie
          Marjorie Roswell, Spatial Analyst
          UMBC Center for Health Program Development and Management
          1000 Hilltop Circle Fx: (410)455-6850
          Baltimore, MD 21250 E: roswell@...
          Ph: (410)455-6802 http://umbc.edu/~roswell/mipage.html

        • John Kern
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 1997
            Here is the full cite for those proceedings:

            copies available through /s=r.schneider/oul=s28a@...
            or
            phone: 970 498-1719

            Spatial accuracy assessment in natural resources and environmental sciences:
            Second international symposium, May 21-23, 1996. Fort Collins, Colorado.
            Eds. H.Todd Mowrer, Raymond L. Czaplewski, R.H. Hamre. General Technical
            Report RM-GTR-277. Rocky Mtn Forest and Range Experiment Station Fort
            Collins CO 80526.

            >Greetings,
            >
            >have the papers presented at
            >
            >> THE SECOND INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON
            >> SPATIAL ACCURACY ASSESSMENT
            >> IN NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
            >>
            >> May 21-23, 1996
            >> Colorado State University
            >> Fort Collins, Colorado.
            >

            >been published somewhere ? (proceedings ? Book ?)
            >
            >Does someone has the reference of it ?
            >
            >Thanks for your help,
            >
            >Gregoire
            >--
            >Gregoire Dubois (PhD student) Tel. 39-332-78.99.44
            >Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-332-78.54.66
            >Environment Inst. TP 321 Email: gregoire.dubois@...
            >I-21020 Ispra (Va), ITALY URL: http://java.ei.jrc.it/rem/gregoire/
            >--
            >*As a general service to list users, please remember to post a summary
            >of any useful responses to your questions.

          • Anatoly Saveliev
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 11, 1997
              On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, roswell marjorie wrote:

              > In my ongoing effort to learn something about geostatistics, I've tried to
              > download the Geoeas postscript manual (geoeas.ps) from:
              > ftp://math.arizona.edu/incoming/unix.geoeas/
              >
              > It appears to be some sort of binary file, rather than a postscript file.
              > I can't open it.
              >
              > Any hints?

              I've used standard UNIX uncompress utility, and it created usual .ps file
              (rename the source file into something.Z and type uncompress something.Z)

              P.S. Thanks for help, I've tryed to find documentation for a long time . .
            • Anthony Rossini
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 12, 1997
                I didn't follow up to the list, but I should mention that Andy Long's
                HTML documention for GeoEAS (he added cokriging and did a Unix port)
                is available over WWW at:
                http://www.stat.sc.edu/~rossini/doc/geoeas/

                If it helps, it helps. If it doesn't, or there are errors, blame me,
                not Andy, (but I won't be able to fix them any time in the near
                future).

                -tony

                Anatoly> On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, roswell marjorie wrote:

                >> In my ongoing effort to learn something about geostatistics,
                >> I've tried to download the Geoeas postscript manual (geoeas.ps)
                >> from: ftp://math.arizona.edu/incoming/unix.geoeas/
                >>
                >> It appears to be some sort of binary file, rather than a
                >> postscript file. I can't open it.
                >>
                >> Any hints?

                Anatoly> I've used standard UNIX uncompress utility, and it
                Anatoly> created usual .ps file (rename the source file into
                Anatoly> something.Z and type uncompress something.Z)

                Anatoly> P.S. Thanks for help, I've tryed to find documentation
                Anatoly> for a long time . .

                ----
                -tony (Anthony Rossini) Asst. Prof and General Nuisance
                Department of Statistics rossini@...
                University of South Carolina http://www.stat.sc.edu/~rossini/
                Columbia, SC 29208 803-777-3578(O) ..7-4048 (fax)
              • Mohammad J Abedini
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 12, 1997
                  Hi all

                  I did follow the recent suggestion on uncompressing the file geoeas.ps
                  with some .Z extension and it worked ok for me. Upon uncompressing the
                  file, it turns out that the uncompressed file is around 4MB. I viewed it
                  in "ghostview" and realized that it is only 118 pages. The 4MB size is
                  mainly due to some images being included into the file. Unfortunately, our
                  laser printer cannot handle such a big file, so I divided the original
                  file into a number of chunks. In case, others run into the same problem,
                  let me know I will make the chunks available.

                  Best of luck.
                  Abedini
                  \|||/
                  (o o)
                  +=================oOO==(_)==OOo=================+
                  |_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
                  |__|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|__|__|__|
                  |_____| |_____|
                  |__|__| Mohammad J. Abedini |__|__|
                  |_____| School of Engineering |_____|
                  |_____| University of Guelph |_____|
                  |_____| Guelph Ont, N1G 2W1 |_____|
                  |__|__| Tel.:(519) 824-4120 ext. 4321 (W) |__|__|
                  |__|__| Tel.:(519) 821-1199 (H) |__|__|
                  |_____| Fax :(519) 836-0227 |_____|
                  |_____| e-mail: mabedini@... |_____|
                  The world is your exercise-book, the pages on which you do your sums.
                  You are also free to write nonsense, or lies, or to tear the pages.

                  Richard Bach