GEOSTATS: Spherical Models

  • Alison Todd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 1999
      On choosing my semivariogram estimators to model a range of soil parameters I
      was reminded of a question which was debated some time ago (Sep97). "The use
      of spherical models are being actively discouraged". A paper by Mardia &
      Watkings (1989) in Biometrika and one by McBratney & Webster (1986) J Soil Sci
      discuss this . In my limited experience spherical models are still commonly
      used. Would someone like to try and explain this ambiguity to me please? (The
      simpler the better!).

      Thanks in advance

      ali todd

      --