GEOSTATS: Conference announcement
- 2nd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON APPLICATIONS OF MACHINE LEARNING
TO ECOLOGICAL MODELLING
Adelaide, Australia, 27 November - 1 December 2000
The conference will provide a forum for the presentation and
discussion of recent research on machine learning such as
artificial neural networks and genetic algorithms, and its
application to ecological modelling.
Ecosystems are characterised by distinct non-linearities and
complexity, which artificial neural networks and genetic
algorithms seem to be suited to. Therefore modelling by machine
learning is expected to improve the understanding and prediction
of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems.
The aim of the conference is to encourage and facilitate
interdisciplinary communication and research amongst professionals
in machine learning, ecological modelling and ecosystem management.
A number of specialised sessions will be organised to focus on
- Ecological Applications of Artificial Neural Networks
- Ecological Applications of Genetic Algorithms
- Ecological Applications of Fuzzy Logic
- Hybrid Modelling by Machine Learning
- Elucidation, Monitoring, Forecasting and Control of Ecosystems by
- Analysis and Synthesis of Ecological Data by Machine Learning
- Temporal and Spatial Modelling by Machine Learning
Return Registration Form: as soon as possible
Submit Abstract (400 words): 30 November 1999
Submit Final Paper (8,000 words): 31 May 2000
F Recknagel, University of Adelaide
S Lek, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse
Get a leaflet at http://www.mare-net.com/mscardi/adelaide.pdf
Associate Professor of Ecology
University of Bari
Stazione Zoologica "A. Dohrn" di Napoli
phone: +39-0815833201 (Napoli)
*To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@....
*As a general service to list users, please remember to post a summary
of any useful responses to your questions.
*To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo@... with no subject and
"unsubscribe ai-geostats" in the message body.
DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list!