GEOSTATS: question about kriging.

  • Octavi Fors Aldrich
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 1999
      Hi,

      I've just visited your web http://curie.ei.jrc.it/software/
      with links to several source codes which perform kriging
      technique.

      As far as I know, there's a kriging parameter called kriging search
      window which is used to define a neighborhood of N points outside which
      the observations carry so little weight that they can be ignored.

      Up to now, I've been working with IDL 5.0, which has an implementation for
      kriging technique called krig2d.pro (it's the RSI's one). However, this
      code doesn't mention any input parameter similar to that kriging search
      window. Do you know if this IDL implementation really doesn't have this
      parameter? Otherwise am I wrong? (I've posted the same question at
      comp.lang.idl-pwvawe, without success by the moment). Also, do you know
      from other IDL codes regarding kriging technique?

      Thanks in advance,

      Octavi Fors

      Astronomy Department
      Physics Faculty