GEOSTATS: AI-GEOSTATS' birthday

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2004
      Greetings to all,

      on the 26th of April, the ai-geostats mailing list will be 4 years old.
      4 years is quite old for a mailing list. This longetivity is partly due to
      Jeff Wolfe who has been managing the mailing list server from the very first
      day of its existence in a very efficient way.

      So what is coming next ?

      Our first attempt to make a newsletter failed but it was long time
      ago. So I'm looking for people willing to discuss a specific topic
      and/or present a nice case study that could be presented in such
      newsletter. Any ideas are more than welcome.

      AI-GEOSTATS will probably move later this year to a new site in Canada.
      A kind of meta GIS-Spatial Stats site is under development with the
      collaboration of the online Journal of Geographic Information and Decision
      Analysis (GIDA) which has published SIC. Of course new publications about
      spatial stats are more than welcome in this journal. The data used for SIC are
      still available there (see the introduction) and if you whish to apply a
      method that hasn't been published in SIC, it would be more than welcome.

      The hardcopy version of SIC hasn't been finalised yet (remember I do this in
      my spare time) but still hope to see it on the shelves this summer.
      I then will try to organize SIC 99 which will most probably be about
      spatio-temporal data.

      That was it. Thanks a lot to all those who make ai-geostats much more than a
      mailing list. We really could organize one day a ai-geostats conference..

      Best regards

      Gregoire

      Gregoire Dubois
      Section of Earth Sciences