RE: GEOSTATS: Kriging with barriers

  • Lorup Eric
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 1999
      Steve,

      is landcover of same class everywhere and do the trees spread through some
      mechanism that easily allows for modelling of autocorrelation? Otherwise
      there would be other factors (such as soil type, areas not suitable for tree
      growing, ...) determining the distribution of the trees across your
      landscape. So this will decide upon choice of Kriging method.

      Re the lakes I don't have enough experience. All that came to my mind was
      the Kriging implementation in Arc/Info which, if I remember it right. allows
      for including of breakelines or borders or anything like this. But Arc/Info
      is by no means a real geostatistical tool :-)

      There's other software out there, check the software list maintained by
      Gregoire Dubois at:

      http://curie.ei.jrc.it/software/index.htm

      Kind regards
      eric j. lorup

      UNIGIS / IDRISI / AGIT
      Eric J. Lorup
      Dept. of Geography and Geoinformation, Salzburg University
      Director of Idrisi Resource Center Salzburg
      A-5020 Salzburg, Hellbrunnerstr. 34
      Austria
      Fon +43(0)662 8044 5235
      Fax +43(0)662 8044 525