GEOSTATS: Clustering software - ward's method

  • Toon Van Daele
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24, 1999
      Almost three weeks ago I submitted a question about clustering software.

      As some people asked for a summary of the sites a got, I hereby send a brief
      list:

      Free software:

      http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/R/ freeware statistical package (highlevel
      programming language) very simmilar to S ( http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/S/ ).

      http://biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr freeware french/english software (This
      is the one I choosed to use. Developped for the analysis of ecological data,
      but of course also usefull for other types of data)

      commercial software:

      http://www.cmis.csiro.au/S-PLUS/
      www.sas.com
      http://www.spss.com/
      http://www.dwe.csiro.au/local/research/patn/patn0.htm

      list with clustering and multivariate analysis software:

      http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/~fmurtagh/mda-sw

      Thanks to everybody who answered my message.

      Toon Van Daele VUB - Hydrology
      Pleinlaan 2 B-1050 Brussels
      Tel: 02/629.35.48 Fax: 02/629.30.22
      e-mail: tvdaele@...