GEOSTATS: Spatial Interpolation Comparison 97 is on the web

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2004
      Greetings to all,

      I'm very pleased to announce that the Spatial Interpolation Comparison 97
      (SIC 97) "online conference" is at last available on the web. We have had
      indeed severe technical problems that have been postponing the publication.

      SIC 97 is published in the

      Special issue of the Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis,
      vol. 2, no. 2, 1998.

      http://publish.uwo.ca/~jmalczew/gida_4.htm

      A book titled "SIC97 : an overview" is currently under preparation. It will
      present 11 selected papers taken from SIC97 and will have additional
      contributions from Mohan Srivastava, Juergen Pilz, Albrecht Gebhardt, Syed
      Abdul Rahman Shibli, Yvan Pannatier and myself which should give general
      overviews on the results and the methods used.

      I'm already thinking about SIC 99 which I hope to organize by the end
      of the year. The current idea is to use spatio temporal data but any
      suggestion is welcome.

      Best regards

      Gregoire

      PS: don't expect the server where SIC is published to be performant if the
      1200 subscribers of ai-geostats try to visit the pages at the same time!
      Since the publications contain many figures and formulas, the download of the
      pages might be very slow.

      Gregoire Dubois
      Environment Institute TP321
      Joint Research Centre Tel: 0039-0332.78.99.44
      21020 Ispra (VA) Fax: 0039-0332.78.54.66
      ITALY http://curie.ei.jrc.it/