Re: GEOSTATS: Clustering software - ward's method

  • Luis Tito de Morais
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8 12:13 AM
      At 14:19 05/03/99 -0300, Fernando Rodrigues wrote:

      >>Are there any clustering packages that can process over 700 cases (case
      >>clustering with Ward's method)? Until now I only have STATISTICA. The
      >>maximum number of cases for the clustering module is set to 300 (probably
      >>due to the hughe distance-matrix). Any suggestions ?
      >
      > Try SAS (www.sas.com).
      >
      >Fernando.
      >Fernando Rodrigues Rio de Janeiro
      >e-mail: fsr@...

      Try ADE4 an excellent statistical freeware developped by the University of
      Lyon (France). The software is available for Mac or Win, in english or
      french, on the www at http://biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr

      It performs a lot of different factorial and clustering analysis and
      supports very large matrices.

      It is supported by a very active discussion list (see on the web page),
      mostly in french, but you can give your quetions in english, and very nice
      statisticians answer in english too !

      Good luck

      L. Tito de Morais

      L. Tito de Morais

      Centre IRD de Bouaké
      01 BP 1434 Bouaké 01
      Côte d'Ivoire

      Tél. : 225 - 63 95 43
      Cel. : 225 - 08 65 43
      Fax : 225 - 63 27 38
      Courriel : tito@...

    • Toon Van Daele
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24 9:51 AM
        Almost three weeks ago I submitted a question about clustering software.

        As some people asked for a summary of the sites a got, I hereby send a brief
        list:

        Free software:

        http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/R/ freeware statistical package (highlevel
        programming language) very simmilar to S ( http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/S/ ).

        http://biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr freeware french/english software (This
        is the one I choosed to use. Developped for the analysis of ecological data,
        but of course also usefull for other types of data)

        commercial software:

        http://www.cmis.csiro.au/S-PLUS/
        www.sas.com
        http://www.spss.com/
        http://www.dwe.csiro.au/local/research/patn/patn0.htm

        list with clustering and multivariate analysis software:

        http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/~fmurtagh/mda-sw

        Thanks to everybody who answered my message.

        Toon Van Daele VUB - Hydrology
        Pleinlaan 2 B-1050 Brussels
        Tel: 02/629.35.48 Fax: 02/629.30.22
        e-mail: tvdaele@...