Re: GEOSTATS: Clustering software - ward's method

  • fsr@ep.petrobras.com.br
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 1999
      >Are there any clustering packages that can process over 700 cases (case
      >clustering with Ward's method)? Until now I only have STATISTICA. The
      >maximum number of cases for the clustering module is set to 300 (probably
      >due to the hughe distance-matrix). Any suggestions ?

      Try SAS (www.sas.com).

      Fernando.
      Fernando Rodrigues Rio de Janeiro
      e-mail: fsr@...

    • Luis Tito de Morais
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 1999
        At 14:19 05/03/99 -0300, Fernando Rodrigues wrote:

        >>Are there any clustering packages that can process over 700 cases (case
        >>clustering with Ward's method)? Until now I only have STATISTICA. The
        >>maximum number of cases for the clustering module is set to 300 (probably
        >>due to the hughe distance-matrix). Any suggestions ?
        >
        > Try SAS (www.sas.com).
        >
        >Fernando.
        >Fernando Rodrigues Rio de Janeiro
        >e-mail: fsr@...

        Try ADE4 an excellent statistical freeware developped by the University of
        Lyon (France). The software is available for Mac or Win, in english or
        french, on the www at http://biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr

        It performs a lot of different factorial and clustering analysis and
        supports very large matrices.

        It is supported by a very active discussion list (see on the web page),
        mostly in french, but you can give your quetions in english, and very nice
        statisticians answer in english too !

        Good luck

        L. Tito de Morais

        L. Tito de Morais

        Centre IRD de Bouaké
        01 BP 1434 Bouaké 01
        Côte d'Ivoire

        Tél. : 225 - 63 95 43
        Cel. : 225 - 08 65 43
        Fax : 225 - 63 27 38
        Courriel : tito@...

      • Toon Van Daele
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 24, 1999
          Almost three weeks ago I submitted a question about clustering software.

          As some people asked for a summary of the sites a got, I hereby send a brief
          list:

          Free software:

          http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/R/ freeware statistical package (highlevel
          programming language) very simmilar to S ( http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/S/ ).

          http://biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr freeware french/english software (This
          is the one I choosed to use. Developped for the analysis of ecological data,
          but of course also usefull for other types of data)

          commercial software:

          http://www.cmis.csiro.au/S-PLUS/
          www.sas.com
          http://www.spss.com/
          http://www.dwe.csiro.au/local/research/patn/patn0.htm

          list with clustering and multivariate analysis software:

          http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/~fmurtagh/mda-sw

          Thanks to everybody who answered my message.

          Toon Van Daele VUB - Hydrology
          Pleinlaan 2 B-1050 Brussels
          Tel: 02/629.35.48 Fax: 02/629.30.22
          e-mail: tvdaele@...