GEOSTATS: Geostats: ABOUT JACKKNIFE

  • Park No-Wook
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 9:00 AM
      Dear list readers

      I am in an attempt to estimate bias and reduce bias.
      I am working to apply jackknife technique to 2D data sets..
      I have some thematic map 2d map using data sets..
      to estimate bias,
      I followed below steps,
      (1) by using all layers, I obtain some thematic map(E)
      (2) after deleting ith layer, I obtain the possibility map.(E_-i)
      (3) calculate pseudo value E(i)(E(i)=n*E-(n-1)*E_-i)
      (4) calculate average of pseudo value (=sum(E(i))/n)

      I think average of pseudo value is the jackknifed estimate of E..
      but jackknife estimate value is larger than E..
      for example.
      the range of E(thematic map) is from -15 to 4.1.
      but the range of jackknifed estimate is from -85 to 21.4 ..
      when I compare thematic map E with jackknifed estimate,
      calculated value is somewhat strange..
      I think my procedure may be wrong. or omitted some stage..

      If anyone know my problem, please let me know..
      sorry for poor writing in english...

      Thanks,,