GEOSTATS: data handling in DOS enviroment

  • Benjamin Stuart Warr
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 1999
      Hi all,

      I am fighting the traditional battle of data formats, inputting and
      outputting, and I wondered whether I could profit from someone else's hard
      work.

      Does anyone have any ideas regarding software that can convert space
      delimited X Y Variable data into binary matrix form, possibly also
      software that lifts columns out of ascii files first, and here's the catch
      for a DOS/ Windows environment,...in both directions.

      Possibly a DOS version of awk ?

      The problem arises as I am working with image files that are enormous and
      am trying to link this with remote sensing software.

      many thanks

      Ben

      Benjamin Warr, BSc C.F.S.G. student at :
      Soil Science, Le Centre de Geostatistique
      University of Reading, Ecole des Mines de Paris
      Whiteknights Fontainebleau.
      Berkshire 77305
      England France

      Contact Numbers
      Tel:01189 626950
      Fax:01580 211133
      E-mail (major): B.S.Warr@...
      E-mail (minor): warr@...

    • Pedersen Alan
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 1999
        attached is a good source for unix tools for PCs

        regards

        alan

        <<NT for UNIX Bigots.url>>

      • Pedersen Alan
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 1999
          sorry I just dragged the URL from my favourites into the email message.

          here is the address in plain text.

          http://members.home.net/ciemo/NTforUNIXbigots.html

          regards

          alan