RE: GEOSTATS: Test for spatial randomness

  • Dan Wartenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 1999
      The traditional approach to test for spatial randomness is to test for
      spatial autocorrelation (similar to variography) using any of a number of
      specific indices. The best reference I know of is still Cliff and Ord
      1981 although the methods are presented in Cressie's book, Uppton's book,
      Bailey's book, etc. Also many articles.

      Daniel Wartenberg
      Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute
      170 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08855
      voice: 732-445-0197 fax: 732-445-0784 email: dew@...