GEOSTATS: List policy. Please read me !

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2004
      Greetings to all,

      what a bad surprise I had when I looked today at
      certain recent postings.
      It is the first time insults came out and this will
      be the last time.

      English is the official language of the list. Because
      we have more than 1200 subscribers coming from around
      100 countries, it is impossible to ask everybody to
      express him/herself in a perfect way. The only thing
      that is requested is to have clear questions and answers.

      Humour is not appropriated on this list. The reason
      is that it can be understood in very different ways
      since there are so many different cultures represented.

      This list had almost 4 years of successful exchanges
      of ideas and points of views. I will not tolerate
      that few troubles may change the atmosphere of the
      list.

      One key of the success of the list is tolerance.
      I won't however be tolerant with those who are sending
      insults or make sarcastics critics about the questions.

      I will therefore, without warning, kick out of the
      list any troublemakers without giving the possibility
      to subscribe again.

      I hope this is clear now.

      I haven't made the list moderated to improve the speed
      of distribution of the mails. Please help me to keep
      the list as the was before last week.

      Thank you for your comprehension.

      Best regards

      Gregoire (Responsible of the ai-geostats mailing list)

      Gregoire Dubois
      Environment Institute TP321
      Joint Research Centre Tel: 0039-0332.78.99.44
      21020 Ispra (VA) Fax: 0039-0332.78.54.66
      ITALY http://curie.ei.jrc.it/