GEOSTATS: The Hook

  • DrPaulREarl
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 1999
      Geopeople and Scripps,

      There might be a hook in my can of Tuna, because a while back a
      Mexican patrol boat stopped an American fisherman in Mexican territorial
      waters. The fisherman went to the tuna companies who went to Congress
      that as again and again, etc. proved that the USA is more powerful than
      Mexico. What a triumph!
      Or is that deepest descent? We don't need a search pattern to find the
      hook in sighting dolphins. Better to go right to the point
      STATISTICALLY.

      The point is that:
      Only Scripps has the sizeable data bank.

      The point is the single (no large independent bank) nature of the vast
      and enormously studied data bank. The thoughts of a Nicaraguan
      chaparrita on dolphins will not move the tuna monopoly. Incidentally,
      YOU pay a higher price. These things just do not happen at random, even
      though that's a nice story. "Those" people have a very long line and
      bear watching.
      I am sorry to report that the book "How to Lie with Statistics"
      has gone out of print.

      Best,
      Paul