GEOSTATS: Spatial ANOVA

  • Agus Salim
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 1999
      Dear all,
      I have been struggling with this problem:
      I have the data of bird species richness which come from a factorial design
      with 3 factors (topography, radiation, wetness). My problem is the
      experimental plots were not located contigously. There were a
      siginficant distance between plots. Because the birds is very mobile,
      I suspect there is a spatial depedency among the experimental plots.
      It means that we can't use the standard ANOVa which doesn't incorporate
      the spatial phenomena. I guess the ANOVA model for this data, will be
      slightly
      different, where instead of one pure error term, we will have two error
      terms, one for the spatial dependency and another for the pure error.
      I read Cressie's book : Spatial Data Analysis which give some hints,
      but I still confuse, anybody can help me to proceed with this problem?

      Thanks a lot for explaining,
      Agus Salim
      Center for International Forestry Research
      (CIFOR) Jl. CIFOR Situgede Sindangbarang
      Bogor Jawa Barat Indonesia 16680
      Telp:62-251-622622
      Fax :62-251-622100