GEOSTATS: GSLIB1998, variogram calculation

  • Ulrich Leopold
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 1999
      Hi everyone,

      I have a question concerning variogram calculations in GSLIB
      (2.0/2.90), gamv:

      Sometimes the variogram values of all lags are 0.

      My data file contains 455 points and 22 variables.
      The variable for which I want to calculate indicator variograms is
      in column 9. It seems to me that gamv cannot locate the variable in the specified
      column.

      When I reduce the number of columns the calculation
      do result the correct variogram values. Then the variable is in
      column 6.

      I use the variogram type 10 for categorical variables.

      Is there anybody who has experience on that problem?

      Regards

      Ulrich

      Ulrich Leopold

      Department of Soil Science
      The University of Trier

      E-mail: leop6101@...
      phone: 0049-(0)651-140764
      Address: Engelstr.104, 54292 Trier, Germany