GEOSTATS: AI-GEOSTATS in 1999

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2004
      Greetings to all,

      1998 has been again a year rich of interesting dicussions. 1999 should
      see in late January the publication of the Spatial Interpolation Comparison 97
      (SIC97)in a special issue of the online Journal of Geographic Information and
      Decision Analysis (GIDA). This should be a
      nice way to start the new year.
      There will be also a change in the mailing list system: people who wish
      to send mails to the ai-geostats mailing list will have to be subscribed.
      This to avoid too many unwanted advertisements.

      I wish you all a merry christmas, a happy new year and many beautiful
      variograms for 1999.

      Sincerely yours

      Gregoire

      (Responsible of the ai-geostats mailing list)

      Gregoire Dubois
      Environment Institute TP321
      Joint Research Centre Tel: 0039-0332.78.99.44
      21020 Ispra (VA) Fax: 0039-0332.78.54.66
      ITALY http://curie.ei.jrc.it/

    • Octavio Hector Juarez Espinosa
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 1999
        Dear All,
        I am trying to get the polygons for the USA maps
        counties.
        I would like to write a program to present info
        in a USA map.

        I'll appreciate if you can tell me where can I get
        the file with the polygons to render a USA map.
        Thanks,
        Octavio

      • C Tech Development
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 1999
          EVS-PRO (which can be downloaded from our website as a demo version)
          includes a complete representation of all (contiguous 48) US Counties. The
          counties file (which is in a proprietary binary format) can be written out
          as a VRML model which is an ASCII file that could be converted for other
          purposes. The demo version can do all of these things.

          The VRML file is about 22 Mb uncompressed. GZIP (compatible with the COSMO
          VRML Viewer) compression takes it down to 2.35 Mb. I would be glad to
          e-mail the file or guide you through the process of creating with EVS.

          Reed D. Copsey, President
          C Tech Development Corporation
          16091 Santa Barbara Lane
          Huntington Beach, CA 92649 U.S.A.