GEOSTATS: Re: Caliper's Sleazy Methods Revealed

  • Peter H. Van Demark
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 1998
      would like to use this opportunity to address this latest attempt to impugn
      our well-earned reputation for high integrity, innovative software, and
      excellent professional services.

      Caliper's products are designed and developed exclusively by Caliper staff.
      For the record, while it is true that Caliper has some brilliant Chinese
      staff who work on TransCAD, all of these individuals came onboard from
      graduate schools in the US, predominantly MIT. These individuals hold
      positions of importance in the company and, accordingly, are highly
      compensated.

      As for allegations of piracy, even our competitors agree that Caliper
      products such as TransCAD and MAPTITUDE are extremely innovative and unlike
      any other software. As most of you know, GIS-T is an area without a
      blueprint and requires ongoing innovation.

      We are just putting the finishing touches on a new version of TransCAD
      which we will be unveiling this winter. We invite anyone interested in
      GIS-T and transportation planning software to see TransCAD for themself at
      TRB by visiting us in the Hilton.

      It appears that this anonymous smear campaign results from Caliper's
      growing success with TransCAD. We regret that someone who is jealous of
      Caliper is wasting your time with both these current and his past false
      statements.

      Peter

      Peter Van Demark
      Manager of Customer Services Phone: 617-527-4700
      Caliper Corporation Fax: 617-527-5113
      1172 Beacon Street E-mail: peter@...
      Newton MA 02461-9926 Web site: http://www.caliper.com