GEOSTATS: Question on Krige in S+

  • Steven I . Pousty
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 1998
      Dear spatial-statisticians:

      Can you please help me decipher the following message from S+ spatial
      module...
      > elev.krige.gaus <- krige(Z~loc(X,Y), data = elev, covfun=gauss.cov,
      + range = 90, sill = 115)
      Error in .Fortran("ssukrige",: Covariance matrix is not positive
      definite
      Dumped
      Warning messages:
      Covariance matrix is not positive definite in: .Fortran("ssukrige",
      ..
      .
      I can get krige to work for a spherical model, but not for the
      gaussian. Is this a problem with a large matrix (over 900 elements in
      the elev data set) in S+?

      Thanks in advance,
      Steven Pousty