Re: "Gregoire Dubois" : GEOSTATS: Geostats book for free on the web

  • Harald S. Poelchau
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 1998
      Tried to access the URL given below but got the message: "404 Not Found -
      URL '/practica.htm' cannot be found. "
      Any idea what happened to this wonderful freebie?

      Harald

      >For those interested in a good introduction to geostatistics, read the
      >message below.
      >
      >Charlie Kufs

      Harald S. Poelchau
      Forschungszentrum Juelich
      Germany

    • Jeff Kennedy
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 1998
        Harald,

        If you log into: http://www.stokos.demon.co.uk/people.htm, you will
        find the following message:

        "Dr Isobel Clark spent 11 years teaching at the Royal School of Mines in
        London and was until recently Visiting Professor at the University of
        Witwatersrand. A professional and practical industry consultant for over 20
        years, she is the Managing Director and main consulting engineer for
        Geostokos Limited. She is the author of "Practical Geostatistics" (now out
        of print) and the upcoming volume "Mineral Reserve Estimation - A Textbook".

        If you would like a Scientific Word LaTeX copy of "Practical Geostatistics"
        e-mailed to you, please send an e-mail to geo@... requesting
        copy."

        Best Regards,

        Jeff Kennedy

        >Tried to access the URL given below but got the message: "404 Not Found -
        >URL '/practica.htm' cannot be found. "
        >Any idea what happened to this wonderful freebie?
        >
        >Harald

        >Greetings to all,
        >
        >I found a nice surprise on the web for those curious about geostatistics
        >and looking for a cheap book. Isobel Clark wrote "Practical Geostatistics"
        >in 1979 (Elsevier Applied Science) and has put it now in a digital format
        >>available for free on the web. The whole book has been scanned and each
        >page
        >is in a .bmp format. You can download the zip file from
        >http://www.stokos.demon.co.uk/practica.htm
        >

        >Happy reading and have a nice week-end !
        >
        >Gregoire

        Jeff Kennedy Home Ofc: 510-658-4083
        Center for Spatial Technologies
        & Remote Sensing (CSTARS) CSTARS Lab: 530-752-5092
        Land, Air & Water Resources Dept. http://cstars.ucdavis.edu/
        Veihmeyer Hall
        University of California Campus fax: 530-752-3350
        One Shields Avenue
        Davis, California 95616 E-mail: jakennedy@...