GEOSTATS: RE: Landscape Metrics & Spatial Descriptor: software

  • Vasiliy V. Demyanov
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 1998
      Dear colleagues,
      I can suggest 3Plot software for MS Windows. Being a general purpose post processor, it includes MW statistics and various types of data display (postplot, Voronoi polygons, contours, triangulation, mosaic). The above displays are available in a user defined scale (rainbow, gray, indicator, etc.)

      3Plot, developed by Geostat Office Group, is a shareware. A version for a 3 months free trial period can be obtained through AI GEOSTAT Software page or directly from our site:

      3Plot is a graphics shell of Geostat Office software, which is presented at the moment at IAMG '98 conference (http://www.unina.it/dgv/iamg98.html , Ischia Island, Italy   5-9 October) at Workshop 5: Environmental spatial data analysis. Do it yourself with spatial statistics and neural networks
      Subtitle:
      Case studies of soil pollution for decision support systems with spatial statistics packages (Geostat Office, Faipack, Multigeo) and with neural networks (multilayer perceptrons, radial basis functions, general regression neural networks).

      Best regards,
      Vasya Demyanov

      Greetings,

      I am looking for software that can be used to calculate moving window
      statistics of my specification for various sized windows.  A simple
      example would be assigning each cell in an array the average value of its
      8 neighbours (3X3 window).  I am hoping to calculate some simple landscape
      metrics, where the landscape (i.e., user defined window) would be specific
      to the movements of individual animals.

      All suggestions appreciated.

      Chris Johnson
      University of Northern BC

      Dear all,

      Can anybody suggest me fortran/basic  codes/ executable versions for IBM
      computer and/or freeware/shareware for the graphical display of spatial
      data namely, greyscale map,indicator map,moving window spatial property
      map.

      Thanks in advance,
      Raj