GEOSTATS: Landscape Metrics

  • Chris Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 1998
      Greetings,

      I am looking for software that can be used to calculate moving window
      statistics of my specification for various sized windows. A simple
      example would be assigning each cell in an array the average value of its
      8 neighbours (3X3 window). I am hoping to calculate some simple landscape
      metrics, where the landscape (i.e., user defined window) would be specific
      to the movements of individual animals.

      All suggestions appreciated.

      Chris Johnson
      University of Northern BC