87GEOSTATS: Kriging software

  • Andrew Swales
    Feb 10, 1997
      Dear Geostatisticians,

      I am a coastal scientist new to both geostatistics and this list. I
      wish to surface a 500 m length of beach based on profiles, surveyed
      at 30 m intervals, using Kriging and then compute beach volumes
      within specified boxes. The SURFER software (version 6) implements
      Kriging (and volume calculations) but does not appear to provide the
      error variance for each computed grid node value, even though the
      kriging weights have been calculated.

      Can anyone suggest a PC based software package that will
      provide the error variance and has good graphical tools (similar to
      SURFER). I am using the Variowin 2.2 software to model the
      semi-variograms.

      thanks in advance

      Andrew Swales
      email: a.swales@...

      Andrew Swales
      National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research
      Box 11-115, Hamilton, New Zealand
      Ph. +64-7-856 1761, Fax +64-7-856 0151
      eMail a.swales@...