574Re: GEOSTATS: Information on application of GEOSTATISTICS on surface hydrology.

  • Robert Liddle Knoxville
    Oct 31, 1997
      For geostatistics applications of surface hydrology here are some suggestions:

      Pitard, F.F, "The Variographic Experiment: An Essential Test for Optimizing
      Sampling Methodology in Monitoring Streams." In Chemical and Biological
      Characterization of Sludges, Sediments, Dredge Spoils, and Drilling Muds, ASTM
      STP 976, J.J. Lichtenberg, J.A. Winter, C.I. Weber, and L. Fradkin, Eds.;
      American Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia, 1987, pp. 44-58.

      This paper shows how variograms of chemical concentrations over time can help
      you select the optimum composite sampling time and whether systematic sampling
      is valid for a particular stream. It is based on work by Pierre Gy, Broomfield
      Colorado USA.

      In the same publication listed above, there is another paper on "A Demonstration
      of a Universal Kriging Program for Monitoring Sediments in Lakes," by Lin,
      P.C.L., and Roesler, J.F. p. 59-68.

      /\ ^
      /\ / \ |>