56GEOSTATS: Re: SISIMPDF

  • Greg Pohll
    Jan 31, 1997
      thank you clayton for an excellent response. for others, the original
      questions are listed below. I was in error and there is no problem
      witht the gslib code. Clayton makes a note about the MAXCT[X,Y,Z]
      parameters in the include file. The stock version of sisimpdf.for sets
      the following values:
      Maxctx=79
      Maxcty=79
      Maxctz=1

      One needs to be careful to reset the maxctz value to a value somewhat
      greater than 1 if running 3D simulations. This was not my problem, but
      it did take me a while to figure this out.

      Thanks again!!!

      greg

      I have two questions regarding indicator simulation:

      1. What role does the sill play when simulating categorical data (e.g.
      sisimpdf.for, from gslib)? As nodes are created the probability that
      each node will fall into a category is a function of the kriging weights
      and the post. prob (eq. V.33 gslib). Page 170 of the gslib manual says:
      "There is no need to standardize the parameters to a sill of one since
      only the relative shape affects the kriging weights." Therefore, for a
      given range and nugget would various sill values alter the simulation?

      2. After reading some of the previous email listings from this
      newsgroup, I noticed someone asked about an errata to the gslib manual.
      I found a possible error in the calculation of the rotation matrix in
      sisimpdf.f routine. Using the parameters ang1=45, ang2=-45
      ang3=0,anis1=1.0, anis2=0.1 for a 3d realization, I was unable to
      produce dips of 45 degrees. The stikes (ang1) were produced correctly,
      but the dips were vertical and any change to ang2 had little or no
      effect on the dips. I recoded the calculation of the rotation matrix
      according to Gendzwill and Stauffer, 1981, table 1 (see gslib ref 57)
      and the dips were then modeled correctly. Is there a problem in the way
      I am specifying the rotation angles in the original version or is there
      an error in the code?

      --
      Greg Pohll
      Post Doc