343re: GEOSTATS:trend removal

  • Alison_Riding@adas.co.uk
    May 22 4:56 AM
      Don

      Thank you for your response to my question about trend removal. I have used

      the loess function in S-Plus, and analysing the residuals gave quite a

      'good' semivariogram.

      Presumably you would now use the semivariogram of the residuals to krige

      with?

      Also, do you (or anyone else) have a reference that describes this use of

      loess residuals?

      Thanks a lot for your response, it was very helpful - I will shortly write a

      summary of all the responses I had.

      Best wishes

      Alison
      ________________________________