196re: GEOSTATS: Geoeas on Solaris

  • Alison_Riding@adas.co.uk
    Mar 12, 1997
      This mail message, and any attachments, has been checked for Viruses
      by ADAS before dispatch to the Internet.

      Form: Reply
      Text: (21 lines follow)

      Linda,

      Unfortunately I had a lot of these problems installing GEOEAS for Unix, a
      few months ago, and gave up !! Hope you have better luck.
      Alison

      ________________________________
      Dr Alison Riding
      ADAS
      Woodthorne
      Wolverhampton
      WV6 8TQ
      U.K.

      Tel: +44 (0) 1902 693129
      Fax: +44 (0) 1902 693166
      E-Mail: Alison_Riding@...
      ________________________________
      Original text: (36 lines follow)
      >From owner-ai-geostats@..., on 12/03/97 08:54:
      This mail message, and any attachments, has been checked for
      Viruses by the ITC.

      Has anyone tried installing geoeas on a sun workstation? I'm not having
      much luck getting geoeas to work on my sun solaris 2.4 workstation. The
      only binary that works is prevar. Xstat1, vario etc get hung up on
      displaying the menu screen - i.e. I get the opening screen, (press <ret> to
      continue), then get a '-' in the top left and nothing more.

      I wonder if the problem might be that the binaries are for SunOS, or that I
      am running openwindows?

      So then I tried getting the source and compiling using GNU's gcc
      and fortran compilers and get a *lot* of errors - it falls over as soon as
      it
      starts.

      Has anyone got geoeas working on a solaris 2.4 machine? If so, do
      you have any clues for me?

      Cheers
      Linda Lilburne (email: lilburnel@...)
      Scientist - spatially based systems