192GEOSTATS: Geoeas on Solaris

  • Linda Lilburne
    Mar 11, 1997
      Has anyone tried installing geoeas on a sun workstation? I'm not having
      much luck getting geoeas to work on my sun solaris 2.4 workstation. The
      only binary that works is prevar. Xstat1, vario etc get hung up on
      displaying the menu screen - i.e. I get the opening screen, (press <ret> to
      continue), then get a '-' in the top left and nothing more.

      I wonder if the problem might be that the binaries are for SunOS, or that I
      am running openwindows?

      So then I tried getting the source and compiling using GNU's gcc
      and fortran compilers and get a *lot* of errors - it falls over as soon as it
      starts.

      Has anyone got geoeas working on a solaris 2.4 machine? If so, do
      you have any clues for me?

      Cheers
      Linda Lilburne (email: lilburnel@...)
      Scientist - spatially based systems