1533GEOSTATS: reference to Inverse Distance Weighting (IDW)

  • Yoshiro Nagao
    Apr 2, 2000
      Dear geostats,

      I am currently writing an article, using techniques
      of interpolation.

      Although I must clarify the original source
      (e.g. book, paper) of IDW, I cannot
      find one. This must be a very old technique, isn't it?

      If anybody knows who invented IDW and what
      was the first publication on this, please let
      me know any minute information relevant to it.

      Your attention would be appreciated.

      Yoshiro Nagao
      London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine