Workshop on Agile Estimation by Roger Brown on 9th July (Thu)

  • Naresh Jain
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 6, 2009
      A quick hands-on introduction to estimation for Agile projects involving training and practice sessions on methods that are commonly taught and used by Agile teams around the world. The class will facilitate a better understanding of the principles
      behind Agile estimation, their usage and the methodology...

      Workshop Outline:
      • Introduction to Estimation
        • Underlying principles
        • What gets estimated
        • How estimates are used
      • Estimating User Stories
        • Planning Poker exercise
        • Affinity Estimation exercise
      • Estimating a Release
        • Epics, Themes and the Product Backlog Iceberg
        • Tracking progress with the Release Burnup Chart
      • Estimating a Sprint
        • Task breakdown
        • Tracking progress with the Sprint Burndown
      Date: 9th July 2009 (Thu),
      Time: 4 PM to 7PM

      Venue: Dr Radhakrishna training hall
      CIBER, 5th Floor, Tower D
      IBC Knowledge park
      Bannerghatta road, Bangalore.
      Landmark: Behind Accenture, near dairy circle. (Opp. Fire station)

      RSVP one of our volunteers:
      Mehvish Khan | 080-6699-0752 | mekhan@...
      Vidya Vachaspathi | 080-6699-0500 | VVachaspathi@...

      Target Audience
      Leads & Managers

      Roger Brown, Agile Coach, CIBER Inc.
      • Veteran software engineer
      • Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)  2005
      • Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) 2006
      • Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) 2006-2007
      • Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) 2007
      • Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) 2009
      • Scrum Alliance reviewer of CSC Applications
      • Member of the Scrum Alliance Committee that developed the CSC certification  program
      --
      Naresh Jain
      http://agilefaqs.com

    • venkat kl
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 6, 2009
        Hi,

        I am a life member of Agile Software Community of India (ASCI). I used to attend agile users group meeting.

        Can I attend this Hands-on-introduction to estimation?

        Is it Free?

        Regards,
        Venkat.KL
        [Venkatanarasimha K.L]

        Date: 9th July 2009 (Thu),
        Time: 4 PM to 7PM

        Mehvish Khan | 080-6699-0752 | mekhan@ciber. com
        Vidya Vachaspathi | 080-6699-0500 | VVachaspathi@ ciber.com

        Target Audience
        Leads & Managers

        Roger Brown, Agile Coach, CIBER Inc.
        • Veteran software engineer
        • Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)  2005
        • Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) 2006
        • Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) 2006-2007
        • Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) 2007
        • Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) 2009
        • Scrum Alliance reviewer of CSC Applications
        • Member of the Scrum Alliance Committee that developed the CSC certification  program
        --
        Naresh Jain
        http://agilefaqs. com
        http://agileIndia. org
        http://agilecoachcamp.org
        http://sdtconf. com

      • Abdul Hakeem Mohammed
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 6, 2009

          Hello,

          Can this session be available online either live or recorded, for those who can’t make it to Bangalore.

          Thanks

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 6, 2009
            Yes this workshop is open to all and is free.

            You need to send an email to

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 6, 2009
              Hi,

              are you planning to have this session in mumbai also?

              Thanks,
              Mandakini Mehta,PMP

              Date: 9th July 2009 (Thu),
              Time: 4 PM to 7PM

[...]

              Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local
            • Mr. Ravindra R. Pande
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 6, 2009
                hi,
                Could you please share the presentation & additional materials like recordings etc.? As I might not be able to attain this.
                Regards,
                Ravindra
                Mumbai, India.

                Date: 9th July 2009 (Thu),
                Time: 4 PM to 7PM

[...]

                Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.
              • Dhaval Dalal
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 6, 2009
                  Would folks be interested in a similar session by Roger Brown in Mumbai? Cast your vote.

                  Dhaval.

                  Date: 9th July 2009 (Thu),
                  Time: 4 PM to 7PM

[...]

                • Akshay Dev Vankhede
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 6, 2009
                    +1

                    Date: 9th July 2009 (Thu),
                    Time: 4 PM to 7PM

[...]

                    Akshay Dev Wankhede
                  • Vibin Nair
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 7, 2009
                      Yes. A session in mumbai by Roger Brown.

                      - Regards,
                        Vibin.B.Nair.

                      Date: 9th July 2009 (Thu),
                      Time: 4 PM to 7PM

[...]

                      Lead Engineer | Mundu IM
                      Geodesic Limited | www.geodesic.com
                      Email: vibin.n@...
                      Tel: + 91 22 4031 5820
                    • Pradyumn Sharma
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 8, 2009
                        Yes.
                        Pradyumn
                        Pragati Software Pvt Ltd
                        207, Lok Center, Marol-Maroshi Road, Andheri East, Mumbai 400 059
                        www.pragatisoftware.com
                        Tel: +91-22-2920 1583

                        Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/PradyumnSharma

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 8, 2009
                          + 1

                          Cheers,
                          Shaik Mohammed

                          --- In agileindia@yahoogroups.com, "Pradyumn Sharma" <pradyumn.sharma@...> wrote:

                          > Yes.
                          > Pradyumn
                          > Pragati Software Pvt Ltd
                          > 207, Lok Center, Marol-Maroshi Road, Andheri East, Mumbai 400 059
                          > www.pragatisoftware.com
                          > Tel: +91-22-2920 1583
                          >
                          > Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/PradyumnSharma

                        • Rajashri Ramakrishnan
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 9, 2009

                            Yes / rajashri

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 10, 2009
                              Mumbai please.

                              Regards,

                              Haid Curtay

                              Sent from my BlackBerry®

                              From: "Rajashri Ramakrishnan"
                              Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 18:33:41 +0530
                              To: <agileindia@yahoogroups.com>

                              Yes / rajashri

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 10, 2009

                                Yes for Mumbai

                                Regards,

                                Aniket Mhala | Agile Consultant & QMG Cabinet -BT05| Tech Mahindra

                                Oberoi Estate Gardens, Chandivali, Mumbai 400 072

                                ( Office: +91 22 6688 2000 |  Extn: 2105 | Cell: 98199 02022

                                Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Practitioner

                                Email: mailto:aniketm@...

                                www.techmahindra.com

                                 Dare to adopt agile…..

                                Date: 9th July 2009 (Thu),
                                Time: 4 PM to 7PM

[...]

                                ============================================================================================================================Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally and http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html internally within Tech Mahindra.============================================================================================================================
                              • Dhaval Dalal
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 10, 2009
                                  We have 10+ people showing interest for the workshop on Agile Estimation by Roger Brown.   This is good.  Naresh, if you think this is a good number to start with, we can then discuss about:
                                  1) Roger Brown's availability.
                                  2) Decide Date, Time and Venue
                                  3) Sponsorship

                                  Dhaval.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 10, 2009
                                    I already spoke to Roger he will check and let us know if he can visit Mumbai on his way back to US on Wed Night. He will let us know by Sunday night. If he can make it, the session would be on Wed night.

                                    Also since there is so much interest, I think we should charge 5000 Rs per person for this session. ( just kidding).

                                    --
                                    Naresh Jain
                                    http://agilefaqs.com

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 13, 2009
                                      Unfortunately Roger will not be able to make it to Mumbai. So next time!

                                      --
                                      Naresh Jain
                                      http://agilefaqs.com