The Case Against Extreme Programming

  • philippe tseyen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2003
      XP is a symbiotic process: that is, you really need to do all of XP or none at all. There�s no in-between (with the possible exception of unit tests). The theory is that each of its individually flawed practices reinforces each other to produce something stronger.

      You can find more on Extreme Programming Refactored

    • Sven Gorts
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2003
        Book Review: Extreme Programming Refactored

        Ron Jeffries:
        This book is painful to read for anyone who understands what XP is,
        because the authors have gone to such pains not to understand, to
        take out of context, and to distort.

        It is dangerous to read for anyone who does not understand what XP
        is, because the authors have gone to such pains not to understand, to
        take out of context, and to distort.

        Read more at:
        <http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/books20030904.htm>
      • Joe Kuhn
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2003
          I'm certainly not going to waste my time.  I'm too busy succeeding with the XP principles I'm able to adopt.

          Joe Kuhn