Re: [agileDatabases] table mapping tool

  • Tim Andersen
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 16, 2005
      --- Unmesh Ballal <unmesh.ballal@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > I am new to this group and not so sure if this is
      > the right question
      > to ask in this forum..
      >
      > What I am looking for is a database tool which can
      > map tables between
      > two different databases. Does anyone know of such a
      > software? what I
      > am lookng for is to check if the data is same on
      > both tables at the
      > column level.
      >
      > Does anyone know of such a software and if you could
      > point me to it
      > that will really help.
      >
      > thanks very much in advance.
      >
      > -UB

      I use CDB® Comparator for this, it works great.

      http://www.dbbalance.com/cdb_comparator.htm

      For my situation, I have an Oracle database and a DB2
      database that have the same table structures. I need
      to compare the data between them to identify any
      differences. Before I found CDB, I would extract both
      tables to CSV and compare with ExamDiff Pro. CDB has
      been a huge time saver for me.

      Tim

      http://mail.yahoo.com