pgtools-20051017 Release

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2005
      I've just released pgtools-20051017, another interim release of the
      pgtools set of tools for agile manipulation of PostgreSQL databases.

      One warning: I've changed the order of the parameters to pg-load-schema:
      the namespace name now comes before the schema directory name for
      consistency with other scripts and shell functions.

      The main change was to bring in pg_set/reset_current_time series
      of functions for testing of database code that wants to make
      use of current_timestamp and friends. Basically, you just call
      t_current_timestamp() instead; and the test framework can change that
      to return a specific date and time. I'm currently using this only in
      functional tests, since it's a shell script, but it would be nice to
      figure out some way to do this in database unit tests as well.

      Which leads me on to the next thing starting to emerge; pg-functions.sh
      still contains things that run psql; pg-sqlgen.sh is now a home for
      functions that generate SQL, which is the first step on the road to
      a domain-specific language for database and schema manipulation and
      testing.

      As usual, I'm very interested in any and all comments people have on
      these techniques in general, as well as the specific code. This stuff is
      still in the, "I'm trying out different ways of doing this" stage.

      Curt Sampson <cjs@...> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.NetBSD.org
      Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
        On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Curt Sampson wrote:

        > I've just released pgtools-20051017, another interim release of the
        > pgtools set of tools for agile manipulation of PostgreSQL databases.

        And of course I forgot the URL that gets you to the release:

        http://pgtools.sourceforge.net/