The Secrets of Agile Teamwork

  • Diana Larsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hello Agile Fans! --

      Last April, Esther Derby and I offered a new workshop on collaboration
      skills for Agile teams. The response was great, and we are excited to
      announce the next public offering of the workshop.

      The Secrets of Agile Teamwork: Beyond Technical Skills

      December 6-8, 2005
      Portland, Oregon

      Beyond technical skills, Agile success depends on productive
      self-organizing teams. How do you develop, grow, and maintain a
      functioning self-organizing team? It’s not magic, but it doesn’t just
      happen either. Effective self-organizing teams rely on personal and
      interpersonal effectiveness. In this workshop, we’ll discover the
      secrets to developing the skills you need to succeed and lead on a
      self-organizing team.

      Spend three days learning how to create and nurture high performing
      teams.

      Workshop Outline:
      1. Communication
      -- External processes of communication
      -- Internal processes of communication
      -- Untangling miscommunications
      -- Communication practice
      2. Navigating Conflict
      -- Four types of conflict
      -- Recognizing and intervening on conflicts
      -- Conflict case studies activities
      -- Navigating conflict practice
      3. Feedback
      -- The goal of peer-to-peer feedback -- Feedback guidelines
      -- Feedback giver and receiver responsibilities
      -- Feedback practice
      4. Shared Leadership
      -- Shared leadership behaviors
      -- Recognizing and encouraging leadership behaviors activities
      -- Shared leadership practice
      5. Team Formation
      -- Stages of team formation
      -- Diagnosing team development
      -- Supporting effective team development
      -- Team formation practice
      6. Personal and Organizational Change
      -- How change affects individuals and groups
      -- Strategies to support people through change
      7. Transitioning workshop concepts back to the workplace

      For more information, contact:

      Esther Derby Diana Larsen
      derby@... dlarsen@...
      phone: 612-724-8114 phone: 503-288-3550

      Diana Larsen
      www.futureworksconsulting.com 503-288-3550

      I'll be at the Pacific Northwest Software Quality Conference in
      Portland OR USA, Oct 10-12, 2005. They are ready to accept
      registrations! Sign up now for a great conference:
      http://www.pnsqc.org
      http://www.pnsqc.org/conference05/workshops.php

      Other Upcoming Events:
      - Open Workshop with Diana Larsen, Esther Derby & Ken Schwaber
      "The Secrets of Agile Teamwork: Beyond Technical Skills"
      Dec. 6-8, 2005, Portland OR USA
      http://www.futureworksconsulting.com/events.html