ANN: Agile 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , May 26 6:45 AM
      Agile2005 Registration

      Registration is now open for the Agile2005 Conference to be held at the
      Denver Marriott City Center July 24-29. We are offering a special
      discounted rate of $1499 through the Super-Early Bird date of May 27.
      Members of the AgileAlliance, ACM, or IEEE are eligible for a rate of
      $1399. The academic rate is $549 until May 27. Please act quickly to
      ensure that you take advantage of these special rates, a significant
      savings over the Just-In-Time rate of $1799.

      The merger of XP Agile Universe with the Agile Development Conference
      has resulted in a record number of submissions and a very strong
      program. We have an excellent collection of tutorials, workshops,
      experience reports and research papers. Some of the tutorial and
      workshop presenters include Jim Highsmith, Ken Schwaber, Ron Jeffries,
      Mary Poppendieck, Rebecca Wirfs-Brock and many more.

      Bob Martin and Brian Marick will be giving a keynote presentation. Our
      fellows this year are Tim Lister, Ward Cunningham and Kent Beck.

      For conference agenda, session descriptions and on-line registration go
      to www.agile2005.org

      We are also putting out a call for student volunteers that would like to
      work at the conference.

      Call for Student Volunteers

      The local organizing committee is seeking student volunteers to assist
      with a myriad of tasks to optimize the attendees' experiences at the
      conference. None of these tasks are difficult, but all are important and
      critical to the success of the conference. Volunteering is a great way
      to meet other students, industry representatives, and probably some of
      your favorite authors.

      Any student registered in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program
      for 2005 may become a student volunteer for Agile2005. You must be
      willing to commit to volunteering to work 4 conference sessions (~16-20
      hours) during the conference between July 24-29. In return for
      participating as a volunteer, you will receive daily access to choice
      conference sessions, free food, fun parties and invaluable exposure to
      key industry leaders. You will be responsible for supplying your own
      transportation, lodging, and other incidental costs. However, it may be
      possible to obtain support through other sources such as your
      department.

      If interested, please apply by sending the volunteer form

      (http://www.agile2005.org/volunteers/volunteer_form.pdf) via email to
      the volunteer coordinator at volunteers@... with your name,
      educational institution, and whether or not you have volunteered at
      either XPAU or ADC in past years. If your application is accepted, your
      conference registration fee will be waived.

      Senior Consultant, Ambysoft Inc.
      www.ambysoft.com/scottAmbler.html

      www.agiledata.org -:- www.agilemodeling.com -:- www.ambysoft.com -:-
      www.databaserefactoring.com -:- www.enterpriseunifiedprocess.com -:-