Re: [agileDatabases] Re: Enterprise Configuration Management for DB Scripts/etc?

  • Chad Woolley
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 20, 2005
      They are just maven (Jelly). I could write them in Ant, but I didn't.
      In my maven environment, I have a "master" project (with no code) that
      everything inherits from. The scripts are just goals in the master
      script for now, and make assumptions that the projects and db project
      are all peers under a common workspace. When I have enough goals, I'll
      make a plugin, but that would need to be fancier (defining project
      locations and such), so for now they are just plain goals.

      My next major task is to port the NANT/SQLUnit scripts that someone
      posted here to Maven/Oracle (my environment), and then might be a good
      time to think about a formal plugin. Someone with more time or
      grandiose ambitions than I might even extend it for other databases.
      For now, I can probably post the plain update goals I have, but it may
      be later.

      However, if someone wanted to help, I might whip up a plugin faster with
      just what I have :). The plugins project on SF would probably host it,
      unless there is somewhere better...

      -- Chad