Re: Information for testing databases...

  • rohanpradhans
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2004
      Hi Pramod,
      My primary concern is to test stored procedures (or other database
      code) in the database and the database structure. Also I am required
      to test the database for the backup and recovery (using RMan) and
      performance. The data base is in Oracle 9i.
      --- In agileDatabases@yahoogroups.com, "psadalage" <psadalage@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Rohan,
      >
      > I would like to ask, what do you mean by testing databases?
      >
      > Testing of stored procedures(or other database code) in your
      database
      > Testing of the data persistence layer of your application.
      > Testing of the database structure to see if its the right design
      > Testing of the data quality
      >

      > what are you trying to test?
      >
      > Thx
      > Pramod
      > --- In agileDatabases@yahoogroups.com, "rohanpradhans"
      > <rohanpradhans@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Group...
      > >
      > > I have to test the database for the current project i'm working
      > > on ...Fact is I don't have any idea as to what database testing
      > > involves...I would be greatful if I could recieve any information
      as
      > > to what database testing is...Links where I could get information
      or
      > > documents regarding database testing...anything would be a great
      > > help...
      > > Regards
      > > Rohan
    • Tony Nassar