Information for testing databases...

  • rohanpradhans
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2004
      Hi Group...

      I have to test the database for the current project i'm working
      on ...Fact is I don't have any idea as to what database testing
      involves...I would be greatful if I could recieve any information as
      to what database testing is...Links where I could get information or
      documents regarding database testing...anything would be a great
      help...
      Regards
      Rohan
    • Tony Nassar

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2004
          Hi Rohan,

          I would like to ask, what do you mean by testing databases?

          Testing of stored procedures(or other database code) in your database
          Testing of the data persistence layer of your application.
          Testing of the database structure to see if its the right design
          Testing of the data quality

          what are you trying to test?

          Thx
          Pramod
          --- In agileDatabases@yahoogroups.com, "rohanpradhans"
          <rohanpradhans@y...> wrote:

          > Hi Group...
          >
          > I have to test the database for the current project i'm working
          > on ...Fact is I don't have any idea as to what database testing
          > involves...I would be greatful if I could recieve any information as
          > to what database testing is...Links where I could get information or
          > documents regarding database testing...anything would be a great
          > help...
          > Regards
          > Rohan
        • rohanpradhans
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 22, 2004
            Hi Pramod,
            My primary concern is to test stored procedures (or other database
            code) in the database and the database structure. Also I am required
            to test the database for the backup and recovery (using RMan) and
            performance. The data base is in Oracle 9i.
            --- In agileDatabases@yahoogroups.com, "psadalage" <psadalage@y...>
            wrote:

            > Hi Rohan,
            >
            > I would like to ask, what do you mean by testing databases?
            >
            > Testing of stored procedures(or other database code) in your
            database
            > Testing of the data persistence layer of your application.
            > Testing of the database structure to see if its the right design
            > Testing of the data quality
            >

            > what are you trying to test?
            >
            > Thx
            > Pramod
            > --- In agileDatabases@yahoogroups.com, "rohanpradhans"
            > <rohanpradhans@y...> wrote:
            > >

            > > Hi Group...
            > >
            > > I have to test the database for the current project i'm working
            > > on ...Fact is I don't have any idea as to what database testing
            > > involves...I would be greatful if I could recieve any information
            as
            > > to what database testing is...Links where I could get information
            or
            > > documents regarding database testing...anything would be a great
            > > help...
            > > Regards
            > > Rohan
          • Tony Nassar