Test Data Management

  • Chuck Wessel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      Hello ADB,

      I'm interested in finding whitepapers, or websites, tools etc. which discusses best-practices or guidelines for managing "test data" during development.

      I'd like to have data kept separately from the schema in scripts.  Of course different groups need different data, different amounts, and so on.

      I'm looking for ideas on how to best create, manage, and maintain data throughout development and testing.  How to ensure the quality of the data (at least RI), match data scripts with versions of the db, how to handle db changes and so on.

      I appreciate very much any information anyone can share on the topic.

      Thanks always,

      Chuck

      Do you Yahoo!?