Re: [agileDatabases] Product Manager Role in a Non-Agile Shop

  • Pramod Sadalage
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2011
      Hello,

      * Is there a way to assess, either qualitatively or quantitatively, the
      > technical debt based on the number of active defects (active = non-closed)?
      > Alternatively stated, what are the defect metrics that enable a manager who
      > is not well-versed in agile practices, become aware and concerned about the
      > technical debt?

      I don't know how defects would tell you technical debt because, even if you
      had no technical debt there could still be bugs (defects) in the system. I
      would try to visualize code quality and other things to highlight technical
      debt.

      Erik Dornenburg has some pointers here
      http://erik.doernenburg.com/topics/softviz/
      Jim Highsmith talks about it here too from a different perspective
      http://jimhighsmith.com/2010/10/19/the-financial-implications-of-technical-debt/
      *Pramod Sadalage
      @pramodsadalage
      <http://www.twitter.com/pramodsadalage><http://www.sadalage.com/>