Re: Tool to diff (compare) database table data

  • deddy205ar
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
      Joe -

      All the words I see on the datasheet speak mainframe to me.

      A dusty brain cell tells me I first encountered Comparex in the
      early 1970s. So it's O-L-D.

      What I remember is that it had a huge list of features &
      capabilities. It had the kitchen sink & then some.

      - David

      > Off hand, do you know if Comparex is mainframe only? It's not
      > immediately clear from reading the Datasheet.

    • deddy205ar
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
        Joe -

        > I recently heard a well known Java guru remark that Java
        > is rapidly becoming the COBOL of the 21st century. 5 years
        > ago I would have scoffed at the idea, but it's looking i
        > ncreasingly credible now.

        It's a fashion business. Thirty years is a long time.

        There's an old joke... "Old hardware goes to the junk pile. Old
        software goes into production."

        In 1996 Capers Jones (Mr Function Points) sent me a list of the 440
        languages he was monitoring. By 2005 the list had expanded to 600,
        but was then pruned back to 500.

        Cheaper, more powerful hardware with HUGE disks plus smart people
        equals more & more languages.

        - David