Re: [agileDatabases] Is there actual disagreement on what 1NF, 2NF, and 3NF mean?

    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 8, 2009
      --- On Fri, 8/7/09, David Portas <dportas@...> wrote:

      > Dana was perplexed by the explanation in *your* book
      > because it
      > contradicted others and was asking for more explanation.
      > And you
      > conclude from that that the "data community" has struggled
      > communicate?! Right ho. I am trying to follow your logic
      > there, I
      > really am.

      The difference is that I strive to focus on practical issues in my book and not theory. So, my descriptions may vary as a result because of that.

      Chief Methodologist/Agile, IBM Rational
      Agile at Scale blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/ambler
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/scottwambler

      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 17, 2009
        --- On Fri, 8/14/09, Dawn Wolthuis <dwolt@...> wrote:

        <snip>

        > They need to learn the valuable lesson that Scott mentioned
        > here: How
        > do you model data? It depends.

        I'd bring that up a level to be "How do you model stuff?" where data is one of many issues included in "stuff".

        The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier. Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/